Thursday, April 1, 2010

HG foundation, my never-ending quest!

About a year ago, I started seeing an acronym pop-up in all of my favorite blogs, "HG foundation this, HG concealer that...". I was bit baffled at first, and though it took me awhile to figure out what those two letters stand for (Holy Grail), I understood the gist of what these bloggers were saying. HG referred to the most suitable (fill-in the blank) product for one's skin. Soon after realizing what these bloggers meant, I started my own search for the hardest HG product to find; foundation!

Being Filipino has its benefits (naturally sun resistant skin and the ability to look years younger than you really are!), but the naturally yellow undertones of my skin has made it difficult to find my HG foundation. On top of that, I have a bad case of acne scarring. :(

So, I had to find a foundation heavy enough to cover all of my scarring, but light enough to look natural. Oxymoron, your definition is my HG foundation. :D

I've searched everywhere possible on Guam and after a year of trying the most diverse bunch of makeup brands (from Mary Kay to Maybelline to some makeup brand from Korea), I am finally down to three; MAC, Revlon and Makeup Designory.

My top three HG foundation candidates:

Pls. excuse the photos, I was too lazy to bust out the camera.









I use each of these foundations for different occasions; Revlon if I need really heavy coverage, MAC on my normal skin days, and the Makeup Designory cream foundation on my lighter days.  Currently, I'm in the midst of switching back to Makeup Designory, I plan to start using it again starting tomorrow.

So, where does this leave me? Still searching, still hoping for my Holy Grail foundation. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love